Dave Wilson and his team of builders have recently refurbished a kitchen in Liscard, the work entailed a lot of new modifications…..
Building contractor kitchen refurbish Wirral
Picture Gallery of the Job, scroll down the page.
The last five weeks KPW Developments have been working at a house in Liscard, they were contracted to refurbish the kitchen, amongst other work undertaken: KPW Developments has a builders side to their business, not just a Joinery manufacturing company, building contractor work is a huge commitment, for both the home builder and the customer, Dave Wilson and his building contractors at KPW Developments work hard to keep their reputation at the highest among there customers.
- Remove all of the old kitchen cabinets and white goods, too be replaced by all brand new kitchen cabinets and white goods.
- The archway was taken out and the wall was cut back making it a square, which gives more room to the kitchen area, the fridge freezer will go where the arch was on the outside wall.
- Remove the kitchen back door and add a new window and frame, to add a garden view while washing the dishes, also adding more light to the kitchen area.
- Removed all the old floor tiles and wooden flooring in the dinning room area, these will be replaced with a nice grey floor covering.
- Add new doorway coming into the kitchen from the hallway / Brick up and plaster old doorway that was in use previously.
- Along the exterior walls add DPC moisture guard on exterior walls, this holds in the heat and keeps out the moisture, Gyproc Thermaline basic the board is mounted to a polystyrene insulator which is CFC and HCFC free and it is environmentally friendly.
- Remove the window from the dining room, and replace it with french doors, giving better access to the garden area, creating more light for the dining area, with a great garden view when relaxing.
- The areas of the rooms that had to be tidied up and plastered, around the kitchen, ceilings, walls, closed off doorway, were done by our qualified tradesman plasterer.
- The kitchen had all of the light and electric sockets moved to the new locations to suit the new lay out and design of the kitchen, a larger fuse was put in for the electric oven and hob. Work done by our qualified electrician.
- The plumbing had to be moved, a radiator in the dining room, pipes moved for the sink and washing machine, the waste pipes, also the relocation of the gas boiler.
- Hard wearing new flooring being added to the kitchen and dining room, installed by Dave Wilson, with waterproof membrane under the flooring to stop moisture and damp.
- Brickwork was also done filling in the doorway that was taken out, around the french doors, across the structural beam in the dining room, and under the window where the door was removed.
- Steel lintel beam added in the opened up wall adjoining the kitchen and dining room area, giving structural support for the size of the new opening.
- Removal of all debris, from the remodelling job, the job-site was kept clean and tidy throughout, all areas are cordoned off with tarp sheets while the removal work is ongoing, to stop dust and debris entering the rest of the house.
Visit our workshop page and see how well equipped KPW Developments really are, we pride ourselves on our skills and machinery, Dave Wilson has some 45 years as a qualified tradesman in Joinery, also with many years of building services in other aspects of construction.